[Dixielandjazz] Dave Stoddard's comments in Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 54, Issue 29

Rodgerdevore at aol.com Rodgerdevore at aol.com
Wed Jun 13 09:24:50 PDT 2007

RE; Dave Stoddard's comments in Issue 29.

Dave Stoddard is 100% right when it comes to his point # 2 re kids. I air all
of those guys he listed and the kids that I know about who listen in - all
ages from about 4 up to 95 - really love the artists mentioned. One 3 year-old
loves Billy Maxsted's 'Avalon' - who wouldn't? A group of 15 under 10 year-olds
came into the studio once and I played some stuff and gave them the mic to
say whatever they felt like. Their comments in summary were: "I've never heard
this music before, and I love it'.

Roger De Vore
Cazenovia, NY 13035
315-662-3456

WITC FM 88.9 Cazenovia College (studio will be down 6/19 to early August for
complete refit and rehab - courtesy of a foundation. Currently covers about
175 square miles)
Board Member - Jazz Appreciation Society of Syracuse - JASS (Founding Member
-
American Federation of Jazz Societies)