[Dixielandjazz] Tunes for kids

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Tue Jun 12 21:05:43 PDT 2007

Another way of getting at the answer is to check what the background music
is for commercials aimed at kids of the age for whom you are selecting the
music.

Or: Create a game where you are playing a minute of a dozen  selections.  The
child votes.  Small kids can do it with smiley faces  and frowns.  A bit
older can do simple scale rankings; i.e., "like  it a lot, it's Ok, it's dumb".
The reward can be their own recording  of music of the tunes/artists that they
liked a lot.

Toddlers bodies will move to anything with a beat.  I watched an 11  month
old last week-end.  She could only stand up by holding onto a  toy at her height
where she was repeatedly punching a button to get 30  seconds of a catchy
little tune zipping along at about 200 beats a minute.   The minute the music
would start again so would her charming little body.   Finally she was
anticipating the sound she had the "power" to make happen and,  in anticipation, she
would start her dance before the music started.
Ginny

In a message dated 6/12/2007 10:40:39 P.M. Central Daylight Time,