[Dixielandjazz] Rehearsing.

Russ Guarino russg at redshift.com
Tue Jun 12 17:23:29 PDT 2007

I remember a duo gig I did in which a person requested " Hey Jude".  I had never played the tune and I told the audience that  the
tune was in my book, but I had never played it before, but we would do the best we could.

It is a ballad and I played it with emotion and feeling.  It seemed so natural.  My keyboard guy also did a nice job.  When concluded,
the man in the audience said "It is hard to believe you just played the tune for the first time".

Russ Guarino