[Dixielandjazz] Quick CD review: RSJO "Deja Vu"

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Sun Jun 10 08:26:12 PDT 2007

Hi all,

While at Sacramento I bought a copy of the new Royal Society Jazz
Orchestra CD "Deja Vu" - all songs are written by their leader Don
Neely. Very wonderful tunes, well recorded in "live"  settings.
Although it is not exactly presented as such, I think Don and the
band have made a subtle parody of the early jazz and swing era tunes
- as you listen you will be reminded of other, more famous
recordings. Great fun for those who know a lot of songs, but also
good for those who might not have such memories.

More on their home page: http://rsjo.com/

Dave Richoux