[Dixielandjazz] Joey Morant and the Harlem Blues and Jazz Band

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 07:23:08 PDT 2007

Hello listmates,
Has anybody any information on the trumpeter Joey Morant?    The
Harlem Blues and Jazz Band website says: "JOEY MORANT:
trumpet/cornet/flugelhorn/vocals
One of the most exciting and dynamic trumpeters on the current scene,
Joey joins the Harlem Blues & Jazz band for some special engagements.
He hails from South Carolina and electrifies audiences with his
dazzling horn technique, skillful scat singing and humorous asides.
His Louis Armstrong interpretations, both playing and singing are
perfect, and. his admiration for Louis is deep and genuine. Years of
dedication to the martial arts has kept his body in top condition
enabling him use the full range of his imagination without fluffing a
note or losing a beat. He is quite simply a tremendously talented and
original player in superb physical condition."

As I have never heard of him, I'd be grateful for information.

Have you heard the current Harlem Blues and Jazz Band?  Some members
seem to have played with Mingus and Art Blakey - not exactly OKOM.

The band is shceduled to play in Israel next week, and on the 15th is
to hit Tel-Aviv.  We'd like to go, but are a bit wary.

Please reply ASAP.

By the way, yesterday we heard Evan Christopher with John Bunch, James
Chirillo, Jay Leonhart and Eddie Metz Jnr. in Caesarea.  What a treat!
 Tonight its the Statesmen of Jazz, with Bucky Pizzarelli, Aaron
Weinstein, Warren Vache, and most of the above.  And tomorrow - Terry
Blaine with Mark Shane, the Vache Brothers, Phil Flanigan and Eddie
Metz again.

Cheers