[Dixielandjazz] Jam Sessions at Sac Jazz Jubilee

Charles Gehlbach drbachjazz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 7 00:00:49 PDT 2007

For Marek

I am a new member of DJML and attended the  Bloody Mary Party on
Friday am.  I wish there had been more members show up so I could
meet them.    I enjoyed chatting with the ones who were there.

  Since I noticed your questions about the Jam sets at the Jubilee, I
thought I could add some information from one who was there.

My band, "Dr. Bach and the Jazz Practitioners" hosted the Jam Session
at the Round Table Pizza Parlor in Old Sac on Friday night from 8:30
- 10pm (although we were having such a great time we actually stopped
about 10:20 pm).  Every musician who signed in played at least one
tune, and many played more.  Among our "sit-ins" were several young
players from the terrific Capital Focus Jazz Band, including their
leader, Dave Robinson, the Au brothers (Brandon and Justin) , and
Pamela Kelley, our Vocalist from 2 years ago (now with the Commanders
Jazz Ensemble out of Travis Air Force Base.).  The venue was packed
and the audience was VERY ENTHUSIASTIC.  I wish you had been there;
I'm sure you would have had a good time.

Every Jubilee there are Jam sets at this Pizza Parlor on Friday,
Saturday, and Sunday nights, as well as on the Delta King.  They are
very fun sessions, and everyone seems to have a wonderful time.  I
hope to see you next year.  Please come in and say Hi.

Charlie Gehlbach (Dr. Bach)