[Dixielandjazz] Young Jazz Players

Bill Biffle bbiffle at brgcc.com
Wed Jun 6 09:13:44 PDT 2007

Looking for a bass player last year, I used a 16 yr old who's granddad
is a wonderful trumpet player.  The grandfather said the kid could do
it, so I hired him.  60 mile one way to the gig, three hours of playing.
His mom drove him up and back and sat through the gig.  Played
beautifully and gave me a chance to work the crowd a bit, too.  "Guess
how old our bass player is?" etc."

They're out there.

Bill Biffle
Albuquerque NM USA