[Dixielandjazz] FW: New Hot Jazz Channel show now live at www.radiojazz.co.uk

brian at radiojazz.co.uk brian at radiojazz.co.uk
Tue Jun 5 23:08:48 PDT 2007

The June-July Hot Jazz Channel radio show - which is now live at
www.radiojazz.co.uk - unusually features two rare recordings of battles of
the bands. In the first "rumble" the Jim Cullum Band battles with New
Orleans Hot Jazz & Banu Gibson over She's Crying For Me and in the second
the Salty Dogs and Turk Murphy's Jazz Band go head-to-head over Panama. The
juries are still out as to who won!

The new show - which features many CDs new to the air - includes tracks by
the Red Rose Ragtime Band, Yoshio Toyama & Dixie Saints, the French
Preservation Jazz Band with Fred Vigorito and Sammy Rimington, Pee Wee
Russell with Johnny Armatage's band, the Dutch Swing College Band, the
Warren Vaché Sextet, Geoff Cole's Hot Five, the Lains Barn All-Stars, Kid
Howard's La Vida Band, Ottilie Patterson with Chris Barber's Jazz Band, The
Easy Riders Jazz Band, the Buena Vista Jazz Band and Ella Fitzgerald with
Ellis Larkins.

In our historic segment this time we're playing tracks by the Mound City
Blue Blowers with Coleman Hawkins, the Mezzrow-Ladnier Septet, Bennie
Moten's Kansas City Orchestra and blue singer Victoria Spivey.
The Hot Jazz Channel's shows are engineered by John Booth and devised and
presented by Brian Harvey.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
16:51

Checked by AVG Free Edition.