[Dixielandjazz] John Farrell

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 4 08:48:56 PDT 2007

"Jim Kashishian" <jim at kashprod.com>

> When John's daughter wrote to DJML a few weeks ago about her father not
> responding well in hospital, I gathered the worse...news of which we all
> received here a few days ago.  I, for one, have sent a note to his daughter,
> as I hope many else from the list have.  There has been little said about
> his passing on our list, but maybe because we have all written privately.

Amen Jim:

I sent my condolences privately to Alison, as well as a message to John when
he was in the hospital. I suspect many on the DJML did likewise.

One thing for sure. John's contributions to OKOM, and especially to list
members on the DJML were immense. I think we are all the better for having
been blessed by his contributions and he will be sorely missed.

Steve Barbone