[Dixielandjazz] Chuck Anderson

Stan Brager sbrager at socal.rr.com
Sun Jun 3 08:34:49 PDT 2007

Ken;

I searched Tom Lord's Discography and found a bass-playing Chuck Anderson
with Bob Hirsch and His Jazz All-Stars recorded live in Winona, Minn in
1977. The name of the album was "A Jazz Picnic". Could this be your wife's
uncle?

The cuts were:

Someday You'll Be Sorry
Rockin' Chair
Undecided
Tin Roof Blues
You Took Advantage Of Me
I Can't Believe That You're In Love With Me.

In the band, were:

Tom Saunders (tp), Sid Dawson (tb), Chuck Hedges (cl),  Bob Hirsch (p),
Chuck Anderson (b), and Steve Thede (dr).

The catalog number of the album was Mediawerks Rec MW070677-A/B.

The was another Chuck Anderson listed who played trombone and guitar. Lord
also listed several Charles Andersons - none of these played bass.

I hope this helps.

Stan
Stan Brager