[Dixielandjazz] Jonathan Russell You Tubes

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 2 17:19:11 PDT 2007

Check out the below YouTube Site for some Jonathan Russell work at the Blue
Note Jazz Nightclub in NYC. Jonathan plus Ed Polcer - cornet: Mark Shane -
piano; Vince Giordano - bass; Joe Ascione - drums; Matt Hoffman - vibes.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=44F766001A662AA3

October 2006 when he was 11. Better intonation and nobody in the band is
carrying on a lengthy conversation during the solos.

BTW, Jack Wiard is spot on. It's a no-no. After all, why should we expect
the audience to listen if we band members don't? Plus, when you listen to
you band mate's solos, you are sure to learn something new. And if you smile
or chuckle over a mates phrase, it is solid showmanship. The audience will
certainly appreciate it and connect with the soloist and the band.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone