[Dixielandjazz] How we listen to music

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 14:22:51 PDT 2007

I know it's a bit late to reply after two months, but I was too busy
at the time to read all messages.
I'm not a musician, but for years I did not listen to words, just the
instruments; it's only recently that I've started to listen to words
as well (and I've been listening to jazz since tha age of 12 or 13,
that is - 54 of 53 years, although in the first few years I did not
know a word of English, sp perhaps those should not count).

But Lester Young said that one should think of the words of the song
he was playing.

And I listen with my feet, and often - the whole body.

Cheers