[Dixielandjazz] FW: Musicians talking during solos

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Sat Jun 2 03:01:10 PDT 2007

Wiggins wrote:
Perhaps that person would be more comfortable attending Chamber or Classical
music performances or a Funeral

'twas me who spoke up, Tom.  Naturally, a quick instruction ("key change
coming up")is fine.  My comment was made after watching two guys standing
right next to the soloist talking, jestering, laughing, through all of the
violin solo & all of the trombone solo.  Couldn't see them on the bass solo,
but I'm sure they were still going at it.  Not good stage etiquette.

Jim