[Dixielandjazz] Milwaukee / Chicago Jazz - Dick Ruedebusch

BillSargentDrums at aol.com BillSargentDrums at aol.com
Fri Jun 1 19:52:08 PDT 2007

<<The house band was the Underprivileged Five, led by trumpeter
extraordinaire Dick Ruedebusch. Some of the personnel in the group over the  years
included trombonists Ralph Hutchinson, . . .  bassists Lee  Burrows, . . .
clarinetist Sam Armato. I believe Chuck Hedges . .  .>>

This was an incredible band . . . totally unbelievable. Unforunately, I
never heard them live.

Fortunately, all the above musicians (except Dick) have worked with me  on my
band many times over many years. All but Lee were steady personnel. We all
also worked other bands together. Both Chuck and Sammy are doing quite well
today.

The (one of) pianist for Dick was Ron Martinson.

This band played tempos that I don't believe I've ever heard another trad
band play.

Bill in Milwaukee
414-777-0100
cell 414-305-6955