[Dixielandjazz] Entertainers vs. Artists

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Mon Jul 30 18:57:42 PDT 2007

Dear Bill:

These are the kind of folks who are in the know about getting grants and that all important funding, they are also shameless and will use any means whatsoever to obtain any and all such funding including passing themselves off as Jazz Bands. :))

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins

Get the Money Get the Money Get the Money.

I just did a great well paid gig Saturday night for all of 12 minutes  if that, for such an organization,  They asked us to play the 2002 Space Odyssey theme , then go into Blue Danube Waltz whilst they batted about beach balls in the theater to it, and then play the cantina song from Star Wars  while wearing Astronaut suits.   Did it with a Clarinet player and an accordionist, bass drum and snare drum at their request.

Easiest $2000.00 I ever made and all the free Good Beer we wanted all night too. :))

I love the arts.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins