[Dixielandjazz] Dumb Question -- Re: Youtube

Bob Rubin rhr261 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 30 14:43:05 PDT 2007

Two years ago I remember that I was able to copy
a flash video file from the cache in firefox and
append the .swf extension (firefox's cache
doesn't include the extensions) and then play it
via firefox.

I tried this with another video recently and
couldn't get it to play.

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to play an swf
file ( other than the two suggestions that
followed the original question - see below).

here are the differences between 2 years ago and
now. The video was on a regular web site, not
youtube. The recent try was from youtube. And I
have a newer version of firefox ( 2.0.. vs 1.5..
)

I thought Max's Ashampoo "clipfinder" might be
good for what I want, but I have Windows98 and
that wasn't included in the list of OS's for
clipfinder.

The suggestion about greasemonkey and scripts
scared me because of the warning on the scripts
site about malicious code someone put into some
of the scripts.

thanks for any further info

bob