[Dixielandjazz] Eliminating frequencies

rorel at aol.com rorel at aol.com
Mon Jul 30 04:06:47 PDT 2007

 Jim:

All you need is a sample - you select a clarinet solo passage of only a few second's duration, isolate it from the accompanying instruments by notching them out, tell the computer this is a clarinet and it pulls out the clarinet from the track.? This would work much like a noise filter where you select a sample, tell the computer "this is noise, remove it."? Only now the process is reversed, "this is a clarinet, remove everything that is not a clarinet."

I never said it would be easy.

ro