[Dixielandjazz] King OLiver on Archeophone

brian at radiojazz.co.uk brian at radiojazz.co.uk
Sun Jul 29 14:55:17 PDT 2007

Fr Mike wrote "I think Mr. Davies gave us all we can expect.
Beyond that, it's all conjecture."
But Mike - it was John R.T. who said that he felt the restorations should be
re-done every ten years or so.
He felt that such would be the technical advances post his restorations that
new versions would be valid.
I have compared the Archeophone set with JRT's and with some original
(Gennett) 78s and the Archeophones are superior.
Brian Harvey

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
15:50