[Dixielandjazz] Abe Most's Microphone

Robert Newman bobngaye at surewest.net
Sun Jul 29 13:49:13 PDT 2007

In his last several playing months Abe Most used a Shur UT4 system for amplifying his clarinet.    It's a lavaliere button mic he wore on his chest (practically invisible) wired to a transmitter (cigaret pack size) on his belt.     The receiver was plugged into the PA system amplifier.

He used it at his last Sweet and Hot weekend and I asked him about it.    "I love it," he said, "I have complete freedom and I can play as softly as I want.:"     He showed he was obviously enjoying it, and showed me the components as he was packing up after a Hangover Lounge session.     Ask Mad Dawg about it.   That was his Dominion.

Bob Newman