[Dixielandjazz] Archeophone & King Oliver Sound - was Bix sound

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Sat Jul 28 17:19:41 PDT 2007

Wow!

What a difference!

I always suspected that Oliver and Armstrong were using mutes because of the
primitive recording equipment.  But in the Archeophone version, you can tell
that they were not.

Think about this -- If the recording industry continues to improve equipment
and restore capabilities, what do you think we will hear in 50-years?

--Bob Ringwald