[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Bio Movies

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Sat Jul 28 10:53:36 PDT 2007

IMO looking good is everything in the band business, that is speaking of the
general run of the mill musicians and I'm not speaking of the show guys who
might do anything.

>> Often the sidemen don't think that dressing appropriately for the
>> situation
>> in which the band is hired to play,

One time we were playing a high end very formal gig and a guy showed up
wearing one of those printed T shirt tuxedos and jeans.  I thought that it
was just his set up cloths but it wasn't.   I had hired this guy out of the
hall and didn't know him since he was a last minute sub.  I very clearly
specified tuxedos.  He said something like what do you think this is?  I
fired him on the spot with a few words about his sanity. He called me a few
choice words.  I'm sure he thought I was pretty unreasonable too.

I work for a guy that insists on absolutely no talking on the stand.  That's
really hard to do and I don't like it much.
Larry
St. Louis