[Dixielandjazz] Kid Ory

Richard Broadie rbroadie at dc.rr.com
Fri Jul 27 23:55:56 PDT 2007

I would champion Floyd as a most diligent researcher, so disagree with Allan
Sutton.  Of course my opinion is biased, prejudiced, pig-headed and
obstinate but otherwise totally objective.   Dick Broadie

5 Controversy has swirled for years around the date and location of the
Sunshine session, with several accounts making colorful but unsubstantiated
claims that the recordings were made in Nordskog's living room in 1921. The
consensus among careful researchers, however, is that the sides were cut in
Nordskog's Santa Monica studio in or around June 1922.