[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Bio Movies

Richard Broadie rbroadie at dc.rr.com
Thu Jul 26 15:56:14 PDT 2007

It's such a shame that that movie (as virtually all movie jazz bios) had so
little to do with the real Glenn Miller who was not nearly as nice a person
as the one Steve Allen portrayed.  I could ramble on for about 8 hours here
but just want to open the door a crack.

Worst movie of all time: Nat Cole in the WC Handy story.  Jazz is acceptable
at end when St. Louis Blues is played without a trace of jazz by  39,253
symphonic musicians.  Well maybe the count was a bit exxagerated but
certainly close enough for jazz.

Dick Broadie