[Dixielandjazz] Bix

Dan Ostler dan_ostler at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 26 15:00:48 PDT 2007

>but does it really give one an idea why Bix has
>been so idolized by his generation?  So far, I have not yet heard a CD
>(including "Bixology") on which that elusive "silver tone" quality of
>his was reproduced (it is even on my old reel-to-reel tapes made from
>LPs)

That has me wondering as well. As a trumpet player, I have chased this up
and down, including buying similar horns, and never come across anything to
substantiate the legend.  Nice sound? yes. Terrific sound? not really...

Dan Ostler

www.kemble.ca
www.stargazing.ca
www.centenairs.com

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL: This communication,
including attachments, is for the exclusive use of the addressee
and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure,
dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail -- delete this communication and destroy all copies.