[Dixielandjazz] Mosaic Records Box Set Bix, Tram and Big T

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 06:00:48 PDT 2007

OK, amazing fidelity, but does it really give one an idea why Bix has
been so idolized by his generation?  So far, I have not yet heard a CD
(including "Bixology") on which that elusive "silver tone" quality of
his was reproduced (it is even on my old reel-to-reel tapes made from
LPs); without it, Bix was just enother Dixieland cornet player, albeit
with some extraordinary ideas.
Cheers,
Marek