[Dixielandjazz] Seduced (I want to be Seduced by You)

rahberry at comcast.net rahberry at comcast.net
Tue Jul 24 06:34:37 PDT 2007

Hi Phil and All,
There is a line in "I Want to Be Seduced" that almost no one gets right.  The wrong lyrics are even published on the internet.
It goes "Magna Carta, Puerta Vallarta, SOMETHING GANDHI SAID."  So often that line is "Something's gone, he said."  or "Something's gonna be said."  Makes me cringe.
I love that tune and think the lyrics are clever.  Leon Redbone's version is my favorite.
Thanks for the opportunity to sound off.....
  -- Rae Ann

From: "Phil O'Rourke" <philor at webone.com.au>