[Dixielandjazz] Radio Station seeks CDs.

David Livingston snargi01 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 23 16:14:03 PDT 2007

Don, when I receive a CD from a band to play on Dixieland Gumbo, I usually have the music converted and uploaded to the station within a week. I had tracks from  Ringwald's new CD up on the station very quickly after I received it.

David Livingston
Dixieland Gumbo Radio
http://www.dixielandgumbo.com

Don Robertson <jdrobertson at att.net> wrote: The only problem with sending CD's to Radio OKOM is that we probably won't hear them for a year or so. Given their available resources and personnel, the material (that is comments and discussions) generally are those recorded in 2002-2005.  With the music they play, this is irrelevant unless they mention a specific event, concert or gig which may have taken place several years ago.  They apparently don't have the time or people (all volunteer) to do all the technical things needed to prepare more contemporary broadcast material.  It's sometimes frustrating when you hear something discussed that you could contribute more information or would like to comment on, then realize the discussion took place two or more years ago.  Otherwise it's a great
resource, and I listen almost every day.  I wish I could figure out how
to get it in my car.  I guess I could if I had a fancy cell phone/portable computer set up.    Maybe an iPhone would do it.

Don Robertson
Napa, CA