[Dixielandjazz] Bill

Judy Eames jude at judyeames.co.uk
Fri Jul 20 12:38:51 PDT 2007

I can't add anything new to the wonderful things that people are saying
about Bill so I won't even try.  Instead, I'll try and convey the impact
that friendship with Bill and Bev has had on Tony Davis and on me.

Pat Ladd mentioned the gig in Bath where he first met Bill and Bev; Tony and
I were there too and were immediately drawn to these friendly outward-going
people.  To be honest we were a bit nervous about meeting DJML strangers,
but it only took a short while in their company for them to become friends.
Since then we've managed to meet up with one or both of them at least once a
year in various parts of America and Europe and in so doing have visited
places we'd only dreamed of seeing.  Bill was such a "can do" sort of man
aided and abetted by Bev.  He kept up a pace of life that many younger men
would have balked at.  Our next meeting was to be at Sun Valley in October,
I can't quite take in that Bill won't be there but I'm crossing fingers and
toes that Bev will feel strong enough to make it.

So, a friend who will be much missed but in time remembered with a smile.

Jude

Judy Eames
Kaminsky Connection
Aston, Oxfordshire