[Dixielandjazz] re Bill Gunter's passing.

Colin Toomer CHToomer at xtra.co.nz
Thu Jul 19 21:07:59 PDT 2007

Hi everyone from, Whangarei, Northland, New Zealand.

This news really saddens my jazz heart.

A few yrs ago Bill & Bev arranged to have a holiday in New Zealand, so
we started emailing each other.
Well they made our October Jazz Festival and I was able to be of some
assistance while they stayed here for the three days of our festival.
They both realised I couldn't be a true host, being on the committee and
a plying musician throughout the festival.

We, up till a few months corresponded only occasionally. He didn't hint
to me there were health problems and I knew we were not that close like
many of you on this this that knew him personally, lucky you guys, and
the length this great List has been running.

Least I met him and Bev, so will treasure their coming to far away New
Zealand to our small city Jazz Festival.

To those List friends that are in close contact with Bev, tell her,
their drummer friend Colin Toomer, send prayers & condolences  to
everyone in their family.

Regards,

Colin Toomer
drummer/percussionist
'Basin City Big Band' & Northern Jazz Society Committee Member
Whangarei,
Northland,
New Zealand.