[Dixielandjazz] Bill "The Man" Gunter

billsharp sharp-b at clearwire.net
Thu Jul 19 17:27:22 PDT 2007

There are often debates about who would be the most interesting person
to have dinner with,  Abe Lincoln, Albert Einstein, George Burns,etc.
and other famous people in history.  I sat many times at tables where
Bill Gunter sat, and because of his wit, intelligence, and erudite
conversation always made it as fine an experience as sitting with
anyone famous you could possibly mention. His may have been a smaller
circle, but he was most certainly "famous" in as fine a way that any
human could be.

Just as young girls buy all the latest clothing to emmulate the latest
Hollywood icons,  I always wished I could have entertained people the
way that Bill could - - there's no way in Hell that that is possible ,
he was, afterall, "The Man!", as unique an individual as there could
possibly be.

Dear Bill:  keep up with the DJML postings. . . we sure have a lot of
fine things to say about you... in our circle you are "famous", but
most of all - --who is left to defend the washboard?