[Dixielandjazz] Bill Gunter RIP

Richard Broadie rbroadie at dc.rr.com
Thu Jul 19 13:30:42 PDT 2007

 I had the honor to sit in with the Cell Block 7 only a few times and rarely
saw Bill and Bev but had Bill as a valued friend for many years through the
internet.

We maintained our friendship online and off-list with great frequency, my
final email from him coming in last Sunday.

He had a great wit, a brilliant analytical mind, and was one of the best
entertainers I've ever encountered in my life.  We had very similar
political views which we openly shared a small select choir, a splinter
group from the DJML.

God, you take good care of this guy.  He's a keeper!

Another huge vacancy in this world.  Bill Gunter RIP!

Dick Broadie