[Dixielandjazz] Bill Gunter RIP

Marty Nichols marnichols at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 19 13:20:23 PDT 2007

I too will miss Bill Gunter big time. I met him in Sacramento once in 1999 at the Festival. I always enjoyed his posts here.

  Marty Nichols
  Trombone

  Bob Ringwald wrote:Message: 12
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 09:52:52 -0700
From: "Robert S. Ringwald" <robert at ringwald.com>
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Bill Gunter RIP
To: "DJML" <dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>

Listmates,

I am very saddened to announce that our Listmate and good friend Bill
 Gunter
has passed.  It was last night July 18, at approximately 7:00 PM at the

hospital in
Roseville, CA.  He had been having trouble, was in and out of the
 hospital
since
our trip to the Washboard Festival June 15.  The last I heard, his
 heart
just gave out.

Bill was one of the nicest people I knew.  He had been a close personal
friend for over 40-years.

Bev, his wife, says there will be no funeral, but will be a Jazz
 memorial --
details later.

Sadly,

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV