[Dixielandjazz] Internet broadcasting

Richard Broadie rbroadie at dc.rr.com
Wed Jul 18 08:41:22 PDT 2007

Hi Brian

Of course, copyright / public domain law is quite different in UK than USA.
In UK such as copyright and public performance rights expire after 50 years.
In US laws are complicated but involve terms such as "70 years after the
copyright holder's death".  What I'm trying to point out is that you have a
plethora of material that is "legal" in the UK that would be considered
"illegal" by such as the RIAA in the USA.  Sometimes I wish I lived on your
side of the pond when it comes to being in the music business.

Dick Broadie