[Dixielandjazz] Basin Street Blues

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Tue Jul 17 10:33:04 PDT 2007

Actually I would think that this line is politically progressive and well
out in front of it's time.

Stop and think about it -  it comes from a time when that just didn't happen
in society.  Also, even though we live in a age of political correctness I
have never run across anyone that would take offence at that line although
there are those that take offence at everything regarding race.

Also isn't this what Dr. Martin Luther King ( I forgot the exact quote) said
in his famous Washington speech about what could be for both black and white
children?

The only negative thing is that there is a color divide within the black
people too that no one talks about and that is maybe what is being alluded
to in the line.  In that case it might not be quite correct in that it may
not have anything to do with black and white at all.  That's just
speculation on my part.

You could substitute this "Where all the Green and Dark Green Aliens meet"
Larry
St. Louis