[Dixielandjazz] Ron Going, RIP

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jul 12 22:08:42 PDT 2007

Today when this news reached me, during the hustle and bustle of my gov't
job, I was stunned.  Ron and I were not close, but we had a collector's
relationship for several years, and all the unremastered live performances
of Gremoli that he'd sent me over the years, still lying in boxes, cry out
for vindication in his name.  He was a great musician, and a great man.  I
will never forget him.

My relative young-ness makes me often grieve that before my own time comes,
I'll have to say Good-bye to most of you.  Unless there's a city bus with my
name on it, of course.

Requiescat in pace,
----
Etc,

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon, Vicar-general
North American Old Roman Catholic Church (Utrecht Succession)
Archdiocese of California
www.naorc.org

"Simplicity, when it is not a careless gift of the Muse, is the last and
most painful achievement of conscientious self-denial." - James Russell
Lowell.