[Dixielandjazz] Belle Fourche Parade Dixieland Jazz Float

Gene Hovland hvlnd at rushmore.com
Wed Jul 11 09:35:32 PDT 2007

To view the pictures of the Roundup Rambler float in the Belle Fourche
Parade held July 4th, go to www.kodakgallery.com and use my email of
hvlnd at rushmore.com and the password of Tbone1941 to get into the site.

I have been trying to promote OKOM in the Black Hills of South Dakota.  This
was a great and fun opportunity to do that.  Thanks to Jeff Thurston, Cheryl
Lewis, Gary Church, Mike and Diane Quince for making this possible.  They
traveled all the way from Sun Lakes/Phoenix area (about 2800 miles round
trip) to Belle Fourche SD.  I was the photographer so the only picture of me
is building float.

We had a great response from those that were along the parade route.  Float
and music earned us 1st place in the parade music category.  I have head up
to 10,000 people may have lined the parade route.

Gene Hovland
Rapid City, SD

>From Belle Fourche paper
Parade has huge audience along route
Wednesday's Roundup Parade crowds seemed to cooperate in making parking
easier by congregating along the entire parade route instead of just in
downtown Belle Fourche. This group was near Herrmann Park as the long, long
parade wound its way through the community with good crowds the entire way.