[Dixielandjazz] Clarinet

Bob Loomis miltloomis at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 11 08:07:25 PDT 2007

   Many thanks to all who replied to my inquiry.
I will indeed most likely get a teacher as Larry
suggested. And I will most likely stick with
clarinet. I did play soprano sax for a while
around 1970, got good enough at it to take a solo
break on one of our then rock band's original
tunes. But love the sound of clarinet more.
Actually I probably ought to play tuba, but
there's no way I can afford one of those!
   I did find some excellent Web sites, with help
from those on this list, among them:

http://www.clarinet.org/home.asp

http://www.woodwind.org/clarinet/index.html

http://www.anne-bell.woodwind.org/

http://hem.passagen.se/eriahl/clarinet.htm

   The Anne Bell site looks especially chock full
of helpful links.

Bob Loomis
Concord CA