[Dixielandjazz] Clarinet Newbie

Bob Loomis miltloomis at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 10 12:39:49 PDT 2007

   Just rented a Bb clarinet from a local music
store to try out as I'm hankering to play some
trad/Dixieland but flute just doesn't quite cut
it for that genre. Picked up a 2-CD set of Benny
Goodman trios and quartets yesterday, too. Have
some Bechet CDs.
   So far it seems possible I might in time learn
to actually play clarinet fairly well. I have a
beginner's book with CDs and already have learned
a few notes in lower register (A, G, F, E, D, C,
Bb) but thought maybe someone on this very
knowledgeable list knows of worthwhile
Web/self-educational resources ... Thanks in
advance!

Bob Loomis
Concord CA