[Dixielandjazz] Blanket Statements?

pat ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Fri Jul 6 09:49:36 PDT 2007

 easier recognizing mentors when the "mentored"..

I know that no red blooded American would use one word where they could use
six or use a simple word where something else could be forced into play.

Nevertheless, as this thread appears to be likely to go on for ever could I
enter a plea on behalf of the English speakers on the list and suggest that
`teacher` and `pupil` be substituted for `mentor` and `mentored`

A mentor is an `experienced and trusted consellor`.  `Mentored` ? No such
word. Not according to my Oxford Dictionary (The one with the picturesd in)

Cheers

Pat  :-)