[Dixielandjazz] Beginner sit-ins

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Mon Jul 9 00:48:49 PDT 2007

Been looking for the e-mail and finally found it.

Under the subject line of "
" Steve Barbone's entire last paragraph (Not snipped, not taken out of
context)
reads"

 """""
Bottom line? The only way to become a competent jazz musician is to perform
live with a professional band and ANY young person who wants to explore that
avenue should get the chance as I see it.
"""""

What ever happened to "practice, practice, practice?"

Steve, are you sure that:

"The only way to become a competent jazz musician is to perform live with a
professional band...?"

Perhaps you meant

"Getting a chance to perform live with professional musicians is a big help
to young musicians on their way to becoming competent professionals
themselves.  However, there is no substitute for Practice, practice,
practice."?

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
916/806-9551
www.ringwald.com
--
Leader, The Fulton Street Jazz Band
www.fultonstreetjazz.com

"The bottom line of any country is, what did we contribute to the world?
We contributed Louis Armstrong." Tony Bennett  --