[Dixielandjazz] Documentary film: Harlem Renaissance (directed by Marino Amoruso)

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Sat Jul 7 21:16:32 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I happened to find this 2004 documentary on my local PBS station
yesterday and recorded it on my  Tivo (this was a 1 hour version. The
DVD is 75 minutes ASIN: B000294SIY is the reference number.)

Some great clips here -  full songs in some cases  - by Cab Calloway,
Fats Waller, Nat King Cole, Duke Ellington and many other greats done
as "soundies,"  average production value in the interviews and
editing, but the music is great!

Look for it on your local PBS station (maybe) or check out the CD.
Some clips I have never seen before!

Dave Richoux