[Dixielandjazz] B.B. King keeps on ROLLING AND HELPING KIDS TOO ( TRYING AGAIN)

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Sat Jul 7 10:50:47 PDT 2007

You can read the entire article here:  This is giving Back and preserving the Blues for the future, now Why can’t the Jazz Industry take a lesson from this and go do the same thing instead of bickering and back biting with each other all the time ?

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins

Blues for the future, now Why can’t the Jazz Industry take a lesson from this and go do the same thing instead of bickering and back biting with each other all the time ?

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins

http://encore.celebrityaccess.com/index.php?encoreId=84&articleId=22259

http://encore.celebrityaccess.com/index.php?encoreId=84&articleId=22259

Over the past weekend, King made his annual visit to his hometown of Indianola for the aptly titled "B.B. King Homecoming Festival."

"It is something that I have been doing for 42 years, playing free for the kids in June," King said. "Watching them grow."

Tom Wiggins

http://encore.celebrityaccess.com/index.php?encoreId=84&articleId=22259

Over the past weekend, King made his annual visit to his hometown of Indianola for the aptly titled "B.B. King Homecoming Festival."

"It is something that I have been doing for 42 years, playing free for the kids in June," King said. "Watching them grow."

King was born on a plantation in Itta Bena near Indianola. Growing up, the blues icon said no one famous ever came to town to play music for the children.

Tom Wiggins

http://encore.celebrityaccess.com/index.php?encoreId=84&articleId=22259

Over the past weekend, King made his annual visit to his hometown of Indianola for the aptly titled "B.B. King Homecoming Festival."

"It is something that I have been doing for 42 years, playing free for the kids in June," King said. "Watching them grow."

King was born on a plantation in Itta Bena near Indianola. Growing up, the blues icon said no one famous ever came to town to play music for the children.

"I wanted to let them know that if B.B. King can do it, they can do it better," he said.