[Dixielandjazz] Bob Crosby Name Correction

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jul 5 15:25:18 PDT 2007

> Sorry, it was Bob Achilles, not Joe as I previously stated, who came
> to jam
> with us several times.  He is from Yountville.  He is a Pastor of a
> church.
> He is fabulous.

Dear Carol,
All we need to do now is find out if was Bob Crosby Mr Achilles
mentioned.
We certainly know he worked with Harry James.
Because he doesn't seem to have recorded with the 'Bobcats', does not
mean that he never worked with them.
In the 50s and 60s Bob Crosby featured bands under his name all over
the place (he was here in Oz for about a year) and picked up studio men
all the time. Usually the best available when he couldn't get any of
his old team.
Kind regards,
Bill.