[Dixielandjazz] Harry James "Green Onions" video URL

Dingo roadie at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 5 01:52:21 PDT 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvBXKCFiZnI

> A fellow named Joe Achilles who lives in Yountville came several
> Sundays to
> Napa and played with the Jammers (clarinet).  He said that he once
> played
> with Bob Crosby and the Bobcats.

Dear Carol,
Could that have been Bob Achilles, not Joe?
The clarinet/baritone sax player who worked with the Harry James
orchestra in the 60s and recorded with The Kings of Dixieland in 1962?
By sheer coincidence he is in the video and on the Dot record date for
"Green Onions" which was discussed on the DJML earlier this week.
You might be able to identify him from the <youtube> clip.
[The Subject line must have changed as I can't find the link to the
video. Sorry.]
Kind regards,
Bill.