[Dixielandjazz] Sal Pace

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 15:57:56 PDT 2007

Sol was on a Pee Wee Erwin documentary shot by Ben Hellerman a million
yeas ago.  Although the film was silent, Ben synchrinized it with
music so well that it sounded as if the music were an integral part
thereof!  There was another part to that documentary, which I do not
recall - it wa "modern" so I couldn't have cared less (Ben himself was
a mainstream-modern saxophonist, who lived in Israel in the early
1960's.  I saw the documentaries when I met him in London in 1977).

I have a Pee Wee Erwin LP with the line-up given by Dave, but on a
different (cheap) label, and with a different title.  On the strength
of that LP, Spl was a very good clarinet player.
Blessed be his memory.
Regards,
Marek