[Dixielandjazz] Andy - ANDY - not 'Alan' - "I Wanna Be Like You"

Cliff Harper cliffh at tcp.co.uk
Tue Jul 3 16:37:55 PDT 2007

LO Listmates - Yep - 'smee again - yet another Cooper blooper - I even
got the name wrong in some of my posts - but then, it was very early in
the morning and I was sober, but very tired - but you all know very
well, doncha - that Alan Cooper is also a very fine clarinet player, who
was a leading light of the excellent 'Temperance Seven' -  he's retired
now, I believe.

The Mr. Cooper I was telling you all about wasn't Alan, Tommy, Gary, nor
even Mini - but ANDY COOPER - you know, sooper-dooper Cooper, first name
Andy - reedman with the great Kenny Ball Band and wonderful performer of
'I Wanna Be Like You' - who is appearing - oh, you don't want me to tell
you again do you? - well, all right then, just once more - 7pm on
Sunday, 15th July, at the Woodside Inn, Sandy Balls Holiday Centre,
Godshill, near Fordingbridge, Hampshire - accompanied and supported by
the swinging Alan James Band - see them! read about them! listen to them
at - www.alanjamesband.co.uk - and wot was that phone number again for
further info? - ah, now I remember, - it's 01425 657466.

Sincere apologies to Alan Cooper for my disgraceful memory lapse; I hope
he won't be angry with me; I meant well and they were all genuine errors
on my part - there are a lot of Alans about aren't there? Wot a fine
name it is, indeed - but in this instance, it is of course ANDY

I'll try no to confuse you with any more inaccurate info -

Regards and thanks,

Cliff