[Dixielandjazz] Alan Cooper 'I wanna get this number right this time'

Cliff Harper cliffh at tcp.co.uk
Mon Jul 2 19:09:32 PDT 2007

LO long-suffering listmates, for the third and, I hope, final time - I
don't believe this, but I've still got the telephone number wrong -
that's the number to phone for further info about Alan Cooper's
appearance with the Alan James Band at 7pm on Sunday, 15th July at the
Woodside Inn, Sandy Balls Holiday Centre, Godshill, near Fordingbridge,
Hampshire, UK.

Now, you could be forgiven for suspecting a fiendishly cunning
advertising ploy here, but I promise faithfully that this is a series of
genuine errors on my part, caused by my own crass stupidity, he
confessed modestly.  NOW!! - The correct number is....... wait for it -
01425 657466 - now, have I got it right this time? he mumbled sleepily -
after all it is 3am here in Southampton - checks it meticulously again -
yess!! Thassit!! - 01425 657466.  I've finished with the sackcloth and
ashes; now pass me the egg - for the face of course, y'see..  Now - wot
was that number again? - 01425 657466 - yep! at last - it's goodnight
and good morning luvly chaps and chapesses - yours truly is beddy-byes
bound. Many thanks for your kind forbearance -

Regards and best wishes,

Cliff