[Dixielandjazz] I Wanna Be Like You (was Aba Daba)

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Jul 1 16:33:39 PDT 2007

> "I wanna Be Like You" is very hot these days with the "Youth" - we get
> a very good reaction to it when we play "mixed" festivals. It may be
> because of the cover of it by the popular group "Smash Mouth" (from
> San Jose!)

Dear Dave,
The Kenny Ball Band from the UK have been 'doing'  "I Wanna Be Like
You" for years.
It was one of their early hits. Great fun too.
The first of their many recorded versions, was made for Pye on 12 March
1968.
It is a regular vocal feature at concerts for their clarinet player
Andy Cooper.
Kind regards,
Bill.