[Dixielandjazz] Preservation Hall Jazz BAnd

Bob Cassady bcassady at booze-bros.com
Sun Jul 1 03:02:24 PDT 2007

Marek wrote:

"Then, when the old guys passed away, or became unable to play, the band stagnated, and its music became repetitive and boring. I haven't heard the current band, but it has been compared to the Rebirth Brass Band, a band whose music I find appalling."

Agreed - what was is gone, and what is - sucks; the flip-side is that perhaps their presence will garner more exposure to OKOM and perhaps recruit a new audience. We can use all the help we can get.

But I keep coming back to my Grandmother's sage advice: "You can't make chicken salad from chicken s**t."