[Dixielandjazz] Modern Banjo was Wynton's Wild Man Blues

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Wed Jan 31 09:05:50 PST 2007

Amens and Seconds to Steve's comments about Stephen DiBonaventura who has
done one, maybe two CDs, but is probably the most awesome creative,
improvisational jazz banjoist we have.  He certainly has his fans in the  banjo
convention world--but others "can't go there" so he gets less pats on the  back in that
world than many others do.  Steve gigs in the Philadelphia  area, is a
Philadelphia lawyer.

Don Vappie with his six string banjo-guitar is also doing something quite
traditional ala Danny Barker (relying on my memory for that identifier).

Vappie also a virtuoso on tenor banjo who marches to the drummer that he
hears, left the Preservation Hall Band several years ago so he could create.
_http://www.vappielle.com/_ (http://www.vappielle.com/)
Ginny

In a message dated 1/31/2007 10:24:31 A.M. Central Standard Time,